Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jitterbug socks for May

My May socks are "plain vanilla" ones, knitted in Colinette Jitterbug, colour Marble on 2.5mm needles. The second sock was the fastest I have ever knit. I started it whilst on holiday last week and came home with about 1" of the leg done. I sat down to work on it in earnest on Saturday and finished last night. It absolutely flew off my needles - and no, I didn't knit every waking hour of the Bank Holiday weekend!

One work of caution, though. The toes are done in Jaeger Matchmaker Merino, because I ran out of the Colinette. Thankfully I managed to get a really good match.

These socks will shortly be going in the post. They are a gift for a good friend of mine.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are very pretty! What pattern did you use?

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger MandellaUK said...

Hi Debbie,

The pattern I used was a freebie issued by Get Knitted, my favourite yarn shop in the UK. It's basically just a 60 stitch stocking stitch sock cuff down with a heel flap.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger lexa said...

That's a very pretty colorway. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb