Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, June 25, 2007

Embossed Leaves

Here's my third pair of June socks (I can hardly believe it myself!) It's the Embossed Leaves socks from Favorite Socks.

The yarn is Apple Laine Apple Pie in Garden Party which I like very much, but I think I'll make another pair in a (semi) solid yarn to make the pattern pop. They knit up really quickly!

The foot was long enough after half a repeat less than in the pattern so I used the reversed toe instructions found on the designer's blog. There you can also find instructions for a tubular cast-on instead of the weird one used in the book. I used my standard long-tail cast-on.

Malin

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm working on my second pair of the Embossed Leaves socks myself, and I completely agree with you -- they do go really fast, and they do pop better in a solid yarn. Still, I like your colorful version -- so cheerful!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Chelsea said...

Beautiful colors! I really like the combination of the pattern and the colors. It is harder to see the stitches in the picture since the yarn is bold, but they are just beautiful. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb