Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Whoa, Nelly!

Okay, this old Blogger vs new Blogger thing is turning into a total nightmare. I am going to upgrade to new Blogger (since I'm going to have to do it eventually anyway, and it looks like it might be easier for folks to deal with), but I'm waiting to hear from a co-owner of one of my other blogs before I switch over.

In the meantime, Adrienne has given great instructions on how to work with your invite if you are already on new Blogger:

1. must create a new "old blogger" account. your original "old blogger" account automatically transfers to the "new google blogger" so using that will not works.

2. after being accepted by "old blogger" under your new "old blogger"
account, you have an opportunity to switch sam3 to the "new google blogger". at this point, you are asked if you already have an existing new google account or if you have to create one. if you already have one, the sam3 blog group is moved to your exisiting google account.

If you've done something else and somehow lost your invite, just send me an e-mail and we'll get you a new invite. Just bear with us - it might take a few days! I will also be reposting the rules with some clearer info about deadlines, etc., but rest assured that you do not need to be on the blog on Feb 1 in order to participate. Your socks will be counted based on the date I received your email.

Thanks for your patience, everyone, and I'm sorry this has been such a hassle!

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you create a new "old" blogger account? I'm trying but it tells me that any new accounts will be created in the new blogger....

or, I'll just wait until you convert it and do another invite then.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same as Stacey. I don't get it. It's telling me the new account will be on the new Blogger. I guess once SAM3 is switched to the new Blogger maybe new invitations will work? I just tried the invitation I was already sent again, and it isn't working.

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi stacey & lexa

when i did the invite, there was a box on the bottom left that said create a blogger account. this is the old blogger. do not sign in with your original old blogger id. create a new id here.

once you process the invite, your home page will show sam3 under old blogger; but there is an option on that page to switch to the new blogger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb