Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, February 22, 2007

By the skin of my teeth...

Well, I guess not, but it looked that way for awhile. Just finished my February socks about an hour ago and couldn't wait to post them!

I call them my BVI socks cause I bought the yarn in Britain and they look like the Caribbean. Aaaahhhhhhh! I wish I was there now!


These are "Frankenstein" socks, really. I started with Booga J's How to Picot Cast On for Socks . Then I moved onto Shazzas Feather and Fan Sock Pattern . I did the afterthought heel out of necessity--I didn't know if I would have enough yarn for the heels and toes. I recommend this site: http://www.dawnbrocco.com/techniques.html. My heels fit like a dream!

OK, the yarn was Colinette's Jitterbug in color # 138 (Lagoon, of course!). It is very nice yarn although a little on the lite side when it comes to yardage (only 267 meters in a 100g skein).

You can visit my website: www.castingaway.wordpress.com for more pictures (eventually).

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Feather and fan is one of my favorite patterns. I really love the color you used. It does look very Caribbean-like! (I wish I was there now, too.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb