Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Feather Lace socks for Feb

Here is my offering for February. These are toe-up socks in KP Essential on size 1 circs. The toe is a Turkish cast-on one. The heel is Widdershins. The pattern is Feather Lace (from p 91 of The Encyclopedia of Knitting by Stanfield and Griffiths which I got at a half-price book shop). I basically knitted until I ran out of yarn. In fact, I had to undo the last row and cast-off for the first sock in order to finish the second sock. The sides of the sock are ribbed. The top of the sock (not seen here) is also finished off with a couple rows of p1k1 ribbing. There are a couple of in-progress photos of the socks here and here.
Socks (and also dishcloths) are a nice way to try out patterns. I found this pattern by glancing through the book for a good-looking pattern that could be done over around 28 sts. (In this case, it was 27 sts.)
Carol
http://knit1605.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Shadkitty said...

These are lovely! I love the color and the pattern. Great job. :)

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very cool! Nice job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb