Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

How fast do you knit???

Hi All,

I am still chugging along on my socks (have entered the vortex, I knit and knit and knit and the things don't get any longer!!!) anxiously awaiting the arrival of the heels so I can get to the cuffs and get these off the needles! I check my Google Reader (love this thing) and see yet MORE of you have FINISHED your socks!!! I feel like a serious slacker! Oh well, I'll still try to get at least ONE pair done each month (even if I end up staying awake all odd hours). :D

Hugs,
tammy (aka http://cozystitches.wordpress.com )

4 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Tezzcan said...

Oh Thank goodness it is not only me thinking that, lol.
I'm must have lost my mind when I decided to knit DH a pair of socks for Valentines day as I'm using Lorna's Laces worsted on 2.75 mm needles and as they are for when he is next on deployment they need to be about 12" long!
I've definately lost the plot hee, hee.

Tracy C.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Anneh said...

Don't feel so bad...I have one Step sock that is still on the needles and it was started back in January (and it's the first of the pair). Small needles + skinny yarn = long time knitting!
The only reason the socks I posted got done is because I used DK-weight yarn. If you want some near-instant gratification, use fatter yarn!
Anneh

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Bianca said...

I agree. There are knitters who really knit every day in a high speed (I am one of those, especially in the evenings when watching tv)I often slow down with difficult patterns, but easy projects are often finished rapidly. Everyone has his/her own time to knit, but more important is the fact that you should be proud on the end result, not calculate the time spent to create it.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Cindiluhu (Freezebabee) said...

I know it seems to take me forever to get through the ribbing on my socks. I don't know how people can finish socks in such a short time. It's been taking me on average 3 weeks to finish a pair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb