Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Friday, February 16, 2007

Will I finish in time?

That's the big question this month. This is all I've achieved in sock knitting this month!!!



Not impressive is it?! I cast these on when I caught the train from Cornwall to London just ove a week ago and knitted most of the foot on the train. Then while I was in Norway last week I did a bit of knitting on this while in hospital visiting my Grandfather (he's had a stroke) and managed to turn the heel and start the cuff. That's about as far as I've got.
the yarn is Posh Yarn's Eva 4ply (silk/cashmere) in Alchemy (I think) and it's lovely to knit with. Tend to use mainly plain colours as I like doing lace and cable patterns.


These are my own generic toe up sock pattern whihc I was planning to use for a toe up sock tutorial on my website in the near future. But there has been so many family things going on lately. My grandfather in Norway having a stroke and last night my Grandma fell and broke her femur. I've just come back from a week in Norway and it looks like I may have to go again. It's not easy living abroad. And ofcourse I've got my girls to look after here.


I've done some other knitting though. Started another shawl - my own design. A shawl from Victorian Lace Today and a shrug/wrap - my own design. But I need to get back into socks. Pics of my other wips are on my blog.
I've also got plans for some fair isle socks using traditional Norwegian designs. But I've got to finish these socks first. Although I may start the new socks first............... I'm so not disciplined!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your grandma and grandpa feel better soon. Sending healing vibes their way.

Your socks have a good start. They look like such happy colors.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger lexa said...

I hope your grandparents are both feeling better very soon. The sock is looking good!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Heddy said...

I love the colours of that sock ... looks great. You still have lots of time to finish the pair - keep on plugging away at them!

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for all the lovely comments. Sock's not had much work done since I posted though.LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb