Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bamboo Socks Complete

This is my second pair of socks for March. Two pairs in one month is a first for me, and probably only because there were 31 days in this month!

Blue Bamboo Zephyr Socks

Pattern: Zephyr Socks
Source: Domesticat
Yarn: Regia Bamboo Color 1061
Needles: Addi Turbo Lace size 1 US; (2) 24" circulars

Modifications:
I knit these from the toe-up using Judy's Magic Cast-On. I kept the sole stitches to 26, but increased the instep stitches to 36. On the heel flap, I made sure I ended up with 27 stitches before starting the leg and kept the 36 stitches from the instep to end up with a total of 63 stitches on the leg section. The original pattern has 52 stitches, so I definitely had to take time to do recalculations to fit this yarn to my size 8 foot.

Notes: I'm going to confess my shortcomings that I chose the wrong pattern for this yarn and the wrong needles for this yarn. Independently I'm sure I would love each item, but together spelled misery for me. This pair of socks took a month to knit and they should have taken no more than 2 weeks. By the way, the jogless bind-off worked BRILLIANTLY! Thanks again Amber.

More info about my opinions on the pattern, yarn and needles are here!

~Kristie
Guilty Pleasures

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Another pattern to print off and add to the pile! Thanks for sharing your pattern mods and needle/yarn info!. The socks look great, btw!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb