Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Marching Socks

Hi--I joined the KAL earlier this month, and finished my first official pair of socks this weekend. They started out as the February socks from Blue Moon Fiber Arts' sock club, but the ankle was too tight to fit over my heel, so I adapted the cable pattern so it wouldn't pull in as much, and now they fit over my (apparently gigantic) heels just fine. Here they are:
I describe the changes I made to the cable pattern a bit more on my blog--and there's picture of the socks with the cable pattern as it was pre-rip. I really like the short row, garter stitch heel and toe in the pattern--usually I do a figure 8 CO, then increase every other row (because I'm too lazy to figure out my gauge before casting on for socks), and a stockinette stitch short row heel, so it was fun to do something a little different.

Rebecca (blog: archiknist.blogspot.com)

3 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I see these socks from STR, I love them! Great knitting!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Great picture! I haven't started my club socks yet, but they're next in line.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger lexa said...

I wish I was in the STR club! I love this pattern, and I adore the color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb