Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Another April Pair

I guess I'm on a roll because I finished the "Stormy Socks" for my fiancee, Shawn, last night. I was tempted to put the second sock down and finish up today, but the guilt was eating away at me. Yesterday, in the early a.m., I turned the heel. Then last night I did the leg. Since I knew the pattern and didn't have to check charts, it went by reasonably, (somewhat), fast.


Yarn: Socks That Rock "Stormy", light weight

Gauge: 7 sts=1"

Needles: Set of 4 DPN's, US size 2

Pattern: Yarn Over Cables by Charlene Schurch in "Sensational Knitted Socks"

Specs: To fit a size US 10 shoe with a 9 3/4" circumference, toe up with a short row heel

Mods: I used Cookie A's turn and wrap method, (rather than wrap and turn), for the short row heel. I think it definintely eliminated the bumps on the short row heel, but it might just be because I'm still a beginning sock knitter.

Check my blog for all the other details here. Thanks !

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! I really like the colorway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb