Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Upside down April Socks Done

Auntiemichal's April socks are already done!


  • Length: The socks are exactly the same size; I just forgot to pull them up for the picture!
  • Yarn: mystery wool I dyed with Kool Aid (grape, black cherry, and mystery red flavors) a year ago.
  • Pattern: Based on Widdershins. I didn't like the 5-stitch cable because it was too tight, so took out the center P and moved it to the center of the K2 between the cables, resulting in a K4, P1, K1, P1, K1, P1 repeat with the cables spaced 8 rows apart.
  • 2x1 Ribbing: I tried a picot hem and didn't like it. The cable pattern is 9 stitches per repeat, so the ribbing is K2 P1. I purled one row between the cables and the ribbing.
  • Figure Eight cast on: This is my second pair of toe-up socks, and I wanted to try a different toe. I do like this cast on, though it required some tightening of the cast on stitches after I knit a few rows. I have to do exactly the same sort of operation after Kitchener stitch, so no biggie because I don't have to Kitchener.
  • Upside Down Heel Flap: Knit per the Widdershins instructions, this heel came out really well, and I like it. The opposite of picking up stitches for the gusset is P2tog and SSK, so there's no chance of "picking up" too many or too few.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! Love your hand-dyed yarn.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

bb