Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Friday, February 16, 2007

A second pair of socks :)



Here's my "Falling in Love socks" which was the february pattern in in "Sokker2007"!

Alterations: I knit a *k3,p2* ribbing between the braids the last 10 rounds to get a ribbing. I also ended up knitting "my own" vertion of the toe, I used a figure eight-cast on and just increased every other round until I had 62 stitches. When knitting 4tog I choose to slip 2 stitches as if to k2tog and then k2tog before passing the slipped stitches over.

Oh, and I knit them both at the same time using magic loop!

abbehope
http://strikkegal.blogspot.com

4 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger lexa said...

I love them! Very nice color. I have some teal yarn set aside to make a pair.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Heddy said...

Nice looking pair ... the colour is really pretty, and I like the modifications you made to the pattern ... I've been wanting to ry that pattern, but wanted a pretty way to get a ribbing at the top.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks.Love the colour. The ribbing looks nice too. I like it when people add their own special touches and change things to their favourite ways. I like doing a cast on that's similar to the figure of 8 cast on, but trying to explain it was a nightmare so I stuck with the short row toes for the pattern.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger MandellaUK said...

What lovely socks! I'm knitting the same pattern at the moment and would like to thank you for the tips. I was wondering what to do about ribbing. Socks just aren't right without it. I changed the toe too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb