Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, April 30, 2007

April Socks - Mexicali Peppers

Mexicali Peppers - April

Yarn: Mexicali Peppers by Perchance to Knit
Pattern: Gentleman's Fancy Stockings by Nancy Bush in Knitting Vintage Socks
Needles: Size 1 US Knit Picks circs
Modifications: Cast on fewer stitches


I almost didn't finish these socks. I lost the faith. When I got to the heel of the second sock I was convinced I didn't have enough yarn to finish so I put them aside and knit a different sock. After finishing that sock and realizing it didn't fit, I returned to this sock and figured I'd go as far as I could and then come up with a solution. I ended up with more than enough yarn without having to change anything.

I love these socks. The yarn was so bright and cheerful. It got me through a very dreary, rainy April. The pattern is fun and easy and makes for a well fitting sock.

I'll post more details on my blog tomorrow.

Beth
http://baseballknitter.blogspot.com

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE those socks! The colors are great - my daughter would kill for them :)

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Shadkitty said...

SQUEEE! I thought that was you! Glad to see these socks finished. They are gorgeous!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger lexa said...

They are great socks! I was looking at her yarn the other day. I love the bright colors.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Melody said...

they look great, and you had enough yarn after all! WOOHOO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb