Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March Sock Finished


March socks finished! They're Fortissima Socka, dark grey 1410. This was a color request for a gift. The pattern is Charlene Schurch's 2/2 rib done two socks at once on one circular needle, size 2 addi, 7 1/2 st/in. Plain, but fits very well. This heel using 3 garter st. each side is lovely. Eternal question: is the fussiness of the heel on one circ worth the great feeling of completing both socks at once?! On the sidebar, I think I'm Laura D, so I'll sign off as that as well as my auto sig,

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Shadkitty said...

I have to ask how you like the Fortissima Socka, we have some here and I made several pairs of Knucks with it. And I hated it. Everyone I talked to in my LYS hated it as well. So I just wanted to see how other knitters feel about it.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger lexa said...

I've only used the self striping Socka. It's okay, but I do find it a bit itchy. It's not so bad after several washes.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger New Jersey Laura said...

It's interesting that you asked about the Fortissima Socka yarn, because I changed my mind about it constantly as I knit the socks. While in my LYS, lots of ladies asked me where I found the yarn and wanted some just like it. It seems people are looking for more plain choices. But I missed the lovely feel and color of handpaint yarn, and felt the yarn was tough and "sproingy." The endless grey is a snore to knit. But in the end: It's EXACTLY what my father-in-law wants and probably the ONLY kind of sock he would wear. Plus, it will be warm and easy to care for. Now it's back to Bearfoot and STR :). Would I knit with it again? If he loves his socks, but in a lighter grey or blue. What did you hate about it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb