Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

We Be Wrappin'


I was so excited to have turned my first heel this week that I asked to be a part of this rockin' KAL. I had never knit a sock before this week, nor had I ever knit in the round, nor had I ever knit on double pointed needles. I'm what you might call a sock virgin, but I'm sure you incredibly talented sock knitters will inspire me to get six fabulous pairs done in six months!

pattern: TechGuy Socks, modified with wrapped short rows
yarn: Regia superwash fingering weight 4-ply 75 wool/25 poly sock yarn
color: 5097 "spot graphit" (dark grey with red and blue flecks)
needles: double pointed aluminum 3.0 mm (approx US2)

Cheers to you all,
Fabienne http://fabienne.us

3 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Wow -- your first sock, and it's short row heel! I'm impressed!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I can't believe that's your first sock! You're sure to have great socks in your future...Jaywalkers, Hedera, Monkey, RPM's, Anastasias, Thuja's...

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Great job on the socks! Congrats on your first heel, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb