Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Whew!

I joined the Knit-along just in time! These are my socks in progress for February. The yarn is a brown tweed that I received as a Christmas gift from a friend. The two balls came without labels, so I’m not sure if the yarn is superwash or not. I’m going to guess not, and there is a slightly scratchy feel to it, so I’m wondering if it’s a wool and linen blend.

I’m knitting my basic ribbed sock pattern. 60 stitches on #0 needles, k2,p2 ribbing for seven inches, make a rounded heel, and a foot with the ribbing continuing on the top and stockinette on the bottom. This yarn seems a little finer than ordinary sock yarn. Since I don’t know what kind of yarn this is, I’ll be keeping these socks for myself. Hope I can get them finished before the end of the month!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb